Where does Venus fit into the Solar System and what makes this planet unique?
- Venus is Earth's closest neighbour.
- Venus is the hottest planet in our Solar System.
- Venus spins in the opposite direction to all other planets.
- The landscape of Venus is formed by volcanic activity.
Average distance to Sun: 108 million km
Venus is Earth's closest neighbour
Minimum distance 38 million km
Venus is named after the Roman goddess of love
Atmosphere (Main components): Carbon dioxide 96.5%, Nitrogen 3.5%
• There are clouds of sulphuric acid
It is the hottest planet in the ...
Please log in to view and download the complete transcript.